**Always Under Construction**
The Principal Quaility Standard is outlined by Alberta Education and serves as the basis for my Professional Growth Plan. In the past I have handed in a piece of paper, this year I want to try make my PGP a living document that I can share and reflect upon.
Goal 1: Providing Instructional Leadership
As outline in Alberta Education’s Principal Quality Standard, a principal shall “ensure that all students have ongoing access to quality teaching and learning opportunities to meet the provincial goals of education”
- PWA PD Planning Committee : 2013/14 Anxiety and Student Mental Health
- Administrator PD Committee: planning Open Spaces and Admin Retreat
- Div 3 Assessment Committee: planning and facilitating administrator book study
- High School Flexibility cohort : ongoing support
- Model and share strategies and resources through a variety of mediums. (Twitter, Facebook, email, door)
Goal 2: Fostering Effective Relationships
As outline in Alberta Education’s Principal Quality Standard, a principal shall “builds trust and fosters positive working relationships….within the school community — students, teachers and other staff, parents, school council and others who have an interest in the school.”
- Review: Setting the Direction: Action on Inclusion
- Review:Inspiring Education
- Work to develop relationships with colleagues, students and parents.
- Development a variety methods to gather feedback
- Share successes at PWA in a variety of ways (Facebook, Twitter, PWSD Communications Officer)
Goal 3: Managing School Operations and Resources
As outline in Alberta Education’s Principal Quality Standard, a principal shall “manages school operations and resources to ensure a safe and caring, and effective learning environment.”
- Work closely with school Councillors and attend Monday Team Meetings.
- Communication with PWA administration team, other district administrators
- Review current district and school policies
- Review current provincial regulation and policy
- Budget and plan for technology at PWA